Today we’re going to look at the media landscape. Streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime have revolutionized not just how we consume content but also how content is financed and created. Our entrepreneur today has been innovating within and around music, television, film and digital for over a decade now. An entrepreneur multiple times over he’s worked with celebrities, musicians, actors and entrepreneurs throughout the media ecosystem. I’m pumped to have my man John Huffman, founder of Creators Capital join us today.
– John, before you tell us about Creators Capital and the opportunities you see today in the media space, I want to go back to the beginning with you – one of my favorite stories. Please tell us about your very first entrepreneurial venture
– Briefly tell us about Creators Capital and why you deemed this was an opportunity worth pursuing at this time
– You’ve moved in, around and through this space for a long time now. What’s been the key to your success in this hard to crack arena?
– Entertainers and athletes are notoriously mistrustful – how have you been able to gain the trust needed to operate in this space?
– Where do you see the best opportunities in media right now for entrepreneurs?
– How do you keep up with, or better yet, anticipate how changes in technology are impacting this space?
The Real Lowdown Segment
– Tell us about your darkest day in this business. What happened? What did you do? How did you overcome it?
– What, if any, challenges have you faced as a Black man working on the business side of Hollywood?